TMVremake
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Form to discuss where I'll be redoing the remake of murloc village and give me ideas

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Event : 100 Layers of Hell

Go down 
+2
bowtomepeasents
Zuty
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Zuty

Zuty

Event : 100 Layers of Hell Empty
PostSubject: Event : 100 Layers of Hell   Event : 100 Layers of Hell EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 7:00 pm

100 Layers of Hell

-Player enter a custom instance, they can either do it solo or 5 man.
-Players start on Layer 1 and descend further until they reach Layer 100
-Every layer has a certain type of mob that the player(s) must fight to advance further
-First few layer are mobs that are simple enough to kill solo and even easier in a group (IE. Boars)
-Last few layer are much tougher mobs, near-impossible to solo. (IE. Elite Boars (lol) that are much higher level then the players)
-Every 20 layers the player(s) are given the option to port out and acquire a prize for their hard work, they may continue and still obtain the prize for the layers they have done though.
-Prizes per layer get better and better
-Also, every 20 layers an elite boss fight will take place. (First being difficult, but not impossible to solo with the last one needing a full group)

====

I got the idea from Paper Mario. In Paper Mario there is an area called The Pit of 100 Trials where Mario starts off by fighting simple enemies like Goombas and Koopas and ends up fighting a dragon on the last trial. Every 20 or so trials a chest would appear and Mario could take the contents and continue or take the contents and use a warp pipe to leave.

Comments?

~Zuty
Back to top Go down
bowtomepeasents

PostSubject: Re: Event : 100 Layers of Hell   Event : 100 Layers of Hell EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 4:35 am

paper mario was a good game.
Back to top Go down
Zuty

Zuty

PostSubject: Re: Event : 100 Layers of Hell   Event : 100 Layers of Hell EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 7:46 am

bowtomepeasents wrote:
paper mario was a good game.

QFT, but it still is a good game. I still go back and play it from time to time and it never fails to amaze me.

~Zuty
Back to top Go down
Grimgin

Grimgin

PostSubject: Re: Event : 100 Layers of Hell   Event : 100 Layers of Hell EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 10:57 am

No.
Back to top Go down
Zuty

Zuty

PostSubject: Re: Event : 100 Layers of Hell   Event : 100 Layers of Hell EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 8:46 pm

Grimgin wrote:
No.

Care to elaborate further rather than type one word?

~Zuty
Back to top Go down
Grimgin

Grimgin

PostSubject: Re: Event : 100 Layers of Hell   Event : 100 Layers of Hell EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 1:18 am

Zuty wrote:
Grimgin wrote:
No.

Care to elaborate further rather than type one word?

~Zuty

So you want to know why, huh?

Are you serious? 100 levels of doing the same shit, slay the mobs and go on.
Even if the levels only consists of like 2 boars it's gonna be fucking lame after the first 50 levels.
Back to top Go down
Zuty

Zuty

PostSubject: Re: Event : 100 Layers of Hell   Event : 100 Layers of Hell EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 10:50 am

Grimgin wrote:
Grimgin wrote:
No.

Even if the levels only consists of like 2 boars it's gonna be fucking lame after the first 50 levels.

This isn't exactly what it will be, but it will at least give you an idea.

Level 1: Kill 10 Boars (level 20)
Level 2: 10 Kobolds (level 21)
Level 3: 10 Crocs (level 22)
Level 4: 10 Bats (level 23)
Level 5: 10 Worgs (level 24)
Level 6: 10 Hyenas (level 25)
Level 7: 10 Lions (level 26)
Level 8: 10 Zombies (level 27)
Level 9: 10 Whelps (level 28)
Level 10: An elite level 30 customly made Human Warrior, player(s) slays Warrior a chest spawns with X gold and Y random rewards of green quality
Etc.
Etc.
Level 20: An elite 40 customly made Dragon, player(s) slay Dragon a chest spawns with XX gold and YY random rewards of blue quality

So its suppose to be easy, gradually gets more difficult, you start hitting customly scripted mobs, the rewards get better and better, there can be quests to reach a certain level to obtain an item/title you can't get anywhere else.

I can't see it being 'lame' as you put it in any way. Its like doing a long raid instance, and people do that all the time. Like, level 80 will have Illidian, level 90 will have Arthas, and level 100 will have GurggleMurggle the Murloc God (or some shit like that xD)

In the future, I'd like to hear more then 'No' or 'This idea sucks' with no reason or suggestion, because that adds nothing to the topic and is spam. So for future posts, please respond with a bit more information or I will delete your post as it adds nothing of value to the topic and does not help the OP better their idea.

~Zuty
Back to top Go down
bowtomepeasents

PostSubject: Re: Event : 100 Layers of Hell   Event : 100 Layers of Hell EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 11:19 am

events are never boring.
Back to top Go down
Zuty

Zuty

PostSubject: Re: Event : 100 Layers of Hell   Event : 100 Layers of Hell EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 12:05 pm

bowtomepeasents wrote:
events are never boring.

Unless they are run really bad. I've been in some boring events and ran some boring events. It's tough, because you have to make everyone happy, but when people cheat they get all pissed off.

~Zuty
Back to top Go down
Grimgin

Grimgin

PostSubject: Re: Event : 100 Layers of Hell   Event : 100 Layers of Hell EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 2:43 pm

Zuty wrote:
Grimgin wrote:
Grimgin wrote:
No.

This isn't exactly what it will be, but it will at least give you an idea.

Level 1: Kill 10 Boars (level 20)
Level 2: 10 Kobolds (level 21)
Level 3: 10 Crocs (level 22)
Level 4: 10 Bats (level 23)
Level 5: 10 Worgs (level 24)
Level 6: 10 Hyenas (level 25)
Level 7: 10 Lions (level 26)
Level 8: 10 Zombies (level 27)
Level 9: 10 Whelps (level 28)
Level 10: An elite level 30 customly made Human Warrior, player(s) slays Warrior a chest spawns with X gold and Y random rewards of green quality
Etc.
Etc.
Level 20: An elite 40 customly made Dragon, player(s) slay Dragon a chest spawns with XX gold and YY random rewards of blue quality

So its suppose to be easy, gradually gets more difficult, you start hitting customly scripted mobs, the rewards get better and better, there can be quests to reach a certain level to obtain an item/title you can't get anywhere else.

I can't see it being 'lame' as you put it in any way. Its like doing a long raid instance, and people do that all the time. Like, level 80 will have Illidian, level 90 will have Arthas, and level 100 will have GurggleMurggle the Murloc God (or some shit like that xD)

In the future, I'd like to hear more then 'No' or 'This idea sucks' with no reason or suggestion, because that adds nothing to the topic and is spam. So for future posts, please respond with a bit more information or I will delete your post as it adds nothing of value to the topic and does not help the OP better their idea.

~Zuty

I know what you mean, I'm not fucking retarded.

But the event consists of doing the same shit, Kill the mobs / boss and go on. It gets fucking boring.
Back to top Go down
Zuty

Zuty

PostSubject: Re: Event : 100 Layers of Hell   Event : 100 Layers of Hell EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 9:35 pm

Grimgin wrote:

But the event consists of doing the same shit, Kill the mobs / boss and go on. It gets fucking boring.

1. You don't need to talk to me in that kind of tone.
2. You never even tried it, so how can you knock it? Sure levels 1-10 will be simple (a boar, boar here and a boar, boar there ...), but I am doing that so players can solo the first few parts, plus it needs to start off easy and slowly increase in difficulty or else, like you said, it does get boring.

~Zuty
Back to top Go down
sak93

PostSubject: Re: Event : 100 Layers of Hell   Event : 100 Layers of Hell EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 10:02 pm

Zuty wrote:
Grimgin wrote:

1. You don't need to talk to me in that kind of tone.
2. You never even tried it, so how can you knock it? Sure levels 1-10 will be simple (a boar, boar here and a boar, boar there ...), but I am doing that so players can solo the first few parts, plus it needs to start off easy and slowly increase in difficulty or else, like you said, it does get boring.

~Zuty

technically he didnt talk to u in that tone, he typed at u in that tone... just throwing that out there
Back to top Go down
Zuty

Zuty

PostSubject: Re: Event : 100 Layers of Hell   Event : 100 Layers of Hell EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 11:25 pm

sak93 wrote:
technically he didnt talk to u in that tone, he typed at u in that tone... just throwing that out there

It's really the same thing. Either way, I don't take kindly to swearing. It could lead to other things, so I'd rather stop it before it becomes a problem.

~Zuty
Back to top Go down
Tygrayle

PostSubject: Re: Event : 100 Layers of Hell   Event : 100 Layers of Hell EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 5:31 pm

You may not take kindly to swearing but if he chooses to use those words then he's free to do so.
If you really can't look at them skip the fucking post you're reading.
Back to top Go down
Zuty

Zuty

PostSubject: Re: Event : 100 Layers of Hell   Event : 100 Layers of Hell EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 11:20 pm

Tygrayle wrote:
You may not take kindly to swearing but if he chooses to use those words then he's free to do so.
If you really can't look at them skip the fucking post you're reading.

I don't mind the swearing, it's the constant, unneeded, overuse swearing directed towards me that I take offense to.

No please keep this on topic.

~Zuty
Back to top Go down
Grimgin

Grimgin

PostSubject: Re: Event : 100 Layers of Hell   Event : 100 Layers of Hell EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 3:36 am

We're on topic.

I think your idea sucks balls but it seems I'm not allowed to think that way.
Back to top Go down
Zuty

Zuty

PostSubject: Re: Event : 100 Layers of Hell   Event : 100 Layers of Hell EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 10:45 am

Grimgin wrote:

Could you elaborate more than just saying that is sucks? I'm not upset that you don't like the idea, but saying it sucks doesn't tell me what to change about it.

~Zuty
Back to top Go down
Grimgin

Grimgin

PostSubject: Re: Event : 100 Layers of Hell   Event : 100 Layers of Hell EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 11:25 am

Zuty wrote:
Grimgin wrote:

Could you elaborate more than just saying that is sucks? I'm not upset that you don't like the idea, but saying it sucks doesn't tell me what to change about it.

~Zuty

I said why before, I won't repeat myself.
Back to top Go down
Zuty

Zuty

PostSubject: Re: Event : 100 Layers of Hell   Event : 100 Layers of Hell EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 2:46 pm

Grimgin wrote:
Zuty wrote:
Grimgin wrote:

~Zuty

I said why before, I won't repeat myself.

Than you need not post again saying that is sucks. Unless you are going to give positive feedback on why it sucks they you are not contributing to the topic at hand.

Hell, I don't care if you say that this idea sucks monkey fuck and you'd much rather eat diarrhea dog shit than even think about doing this, just as long as you say why and give feedback. I read your "feedback" and it doesn't help me better my idea by saying it's "boring because you do 50 levels of the same thing", which I pointed out is not true. You are doing an instance, either solo for a few levels, unless you have really good gear and wish to risk going further or you go in with a group like any other instance. Last I checked, people do instances and (other than having a set number of each mob on a level) it's exactly the same to any instance. Fight weak mobs, get to a weak boss, fight harder mobs, fight a harder boss, etc, etc, until you hit the king of the castle.

~Zuty
Back to top Go down
Iliketape

Iliketape

PostSubject: Re: Event : 100 Layers of Hell   Event : 100 Layers of Hell EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 12:11 pm

I actually like this idea, but what I think you should do is feature a raid save or instance save so that if someone has to go you don't have to start over,. I don't know if this was said before but if not then it's said.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Beatingupshyne.com
Zuty

Zuty

PostSubject: Re: Event : 100 Layers of Hell   Event : 100 Layers of Hell EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 12:36 pm

Iliketape wrote:
I actually like this idea, but what I think you should do is feature a raid save or instance save so that if someone has to go you don't have to start over,. I don't know if this was said before but if not then it's said.

I think I forgot to say that, but since it would be instanced it would have save states.

~Zuty
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Event : 100 Layers of Hell   Event : 100 Layers of Hell Empty

Back to top Go down

Event : 100 Layers of Hell
Page 1 of 1