TMVremake
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Form to discuss where I'll be redoing the remake of murloc village and give me ideas

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A Few Suggestions ...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Zuty

Zuty

A Few Suggestions ... Empty
PostSubject: A Few Suggestions ...   A Few Suggestions ... EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 6:42 pm

Just a few suggestions I have for the server.

I'd move the mall to one of the two locations:

1. Shatt - Have it a neutral mall where everything players need is located in the center of Shatt and they can converse with one another. They can also duel one another if you change the zone ID to a Sanctuary that allows dueling. It's a very easy option and would take less then a day to get fully set up.

2. Horde mall at Thunderlord Stronghold and Alliance mall at Sylvanaar in Blades Edge. This allows for players to attack the other factions mall, (the vendors are obviously neutral and can not be harmed) do quests in the vast area around you that will help players get gold when PvP is not an option, and the bridge connecting both sides of the ridge would have a base that a faction could capture to unlock new quests for players to do as well as a vendor that only sells to the faction who controls the base.

I'd redo the starter gear. Rather than making it custom White gear, just use existing lower level gear that players can use until they can upgrade to BiS.

Make or find a script for an NPC that can teleport players or turn the Heartstone into a teleportation stone which will send you to your hearth, your factions mall, or Guru. The current teleporter NPC gives a quest to teleport you to your location rather than a simple gossip NPC that gives you a list of locations. I know there are scripts out there that you can take and then edit to what locations you want.

Leave the world open. This means players will have to go out and farm mats for their professions. And before you start QQing about how grinding if tough, the amount of skill you get from say mining a node of ore won't be 1, you'll get 5. So you can quickly speed through your professions. Since mats won't be readily sold by an NPC, this means that the server would be able to sustain an economy. So now players have three ways of obtaining gold for gear: PvP, quests, or selling stuff to other players/vendors.

I know you are trying to keep it exactly like TMV, but being locked in a mall is not fun for a player. A bigger mall and allowing players to roam freely are great additions to a server. Not to many servers to this, but the few that do are incredibly popular and well received by it's players.

~Zuty
Back to top Go down
nicktuck6

PostSubject: Re: A Few Suggestions ...   A Few Suggestions ... EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 7:29 am

Good ideas Zuty but I wouldn't suggest being able to attack the other factions Mall due to certain people who would camp the new players.
Back to top Go down
Zuty

Zuty

PostSubject: Re: A Few Suggestions ...   A Few Suggestions ... EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 2:21 pm

nicktuck6 wrote:
Good ideas Zuty but I wouldn't suggest being able to attack the other factions Mall due to certain people who would camp the new players.

I've ran into that issue before. Elite guards do wonders :3

~Zuty
Back to top Go down
nicktuck6

PostSubject: Re: A Few Suggestions ...   A Few Suggestions ... EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 2:23 pm

Hahahahaha very true my friend, very true
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Few Suggestions ...   A Few Suggestions ... Empty

Back to top Go down

A Few Suggestions ...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TMVremake :: General :: Suggestions-
Jump to: